Looking for something quick, easy, and soo good to wow the family this Thanksgiving? Look no further! The Sugar Cream Pie is all of the above and also happens to be the state pie of Indiana which is sure to make all my Hoosier readers swoon.
We’re T-1 day out from Thanksgiving so we’re just going to skip right to the good stuff.
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the Crust:
-1 9-inch dough pie crust.
-Just buy it.
-I promised this recipe would be easy.
-Thanksgiving is one day away.
-You’re Welcome 😉
For the Filling:
-4 tablespoons cornstarch
-3/4 cup white sugar
-4 tablespoons butter, melted
-2 1/4 cups half and half cream
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 tablespoons butter, melted
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Make the crust:
Bake crust according to packaging.
Make the Filling:
1. Mix cornstarch and sugar.
2. Add 4 tablespoons butter and half and half.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and becomes thick and creamy.
4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
5. Preheat oven broiler to high.
6. Drizzle 2 tablespoons over butter over top and sprinkle with cinnamon
7. Put under broiler until butter bubbles – watch carefully it doesn’t take long
8. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
This pie is sure to go great with all the other Thanksgiving favorites!